Sunday, March 12, 2017

Target Audience

To find the respective target audience that will coincide to my film, I began by researching what type of people are more attracted to watch drama films. Since I am planning on creating a film based on the comedy/drama genre I researched what were the target audiences of similar films that resemble my genre and storyline, as well as, the overall genre.

I first encountered a powerpoint presentation that describes the target audience of most drama films. It stated that since the genre is broad it mostly depends on the plot of the film. Drama films try to appeal to the viewers emotions to tell the characters struggles. Most films are targeted mostly towards a female audience since they are the most attracted to emotional films.

Females are most attracted to watch drama and comedy films over the rest of genres. .

The Breakfast Club
Target audience is teenagers between the ages of 13 to 18. This audience may identify themselves with the characters, and their situation each are in.  
The Silver Linings Playbook
The target audience is aimed for teenagers  to young adults, because of the storyline and the content the film possess. 
Based on the research collected, I believe that the appropriate target audience for my film would be teenage females between the ages of 13-18. This audience would be the most probable to come and watch my film because of the selected genre and the content of the film.

Marrero, Sofia. "Film Marketing: Drama." Prezi.com. N.p., 08 Apr. 2014. Web. 19 Mar. 2017. <https://prezi.com/9wa20igfsyqc/film-marketing-drama/>.

No comments:

Post a Comment