Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Second Group Meeting

Today we did our last group meeting, and I received very helpful feedback. I primarily focused on what sound I should incorporate through out the scene. I was questioning weather to include instrumental music without lyrics in the back ground or if I should rely on the diegetic sound that comes from inside the filming environment.

In the group meeting, my classmates advised that to make my film opening more engaging I should use non-diegetic sound. They also told me that a good option for my film would be to include an instrumental version of a song. The song should be in a happy tone, with the beat that resembles the tone trying to portray. The beat of the music should coincide with the movements of the shots and the film.

By incorporating music throughout the film it will make the opening more intriguing. It will attract the viewer to our piece by making it more engaging. We also thought of having a voiceover explaining the situation and conflict at hand. The voiceover would begin after the black screen shot, showing the title as well as the crash scene sound. It will be overlapped with the scene of the main character struggling because of her new circumstance and lifestyle. My group and I have already started in writing the script for the voiceover. If everything goes as planned, we will begin recording the voiceover this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment